Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Guest Bath...Check!

Another room is completed!

May
Master bathroom
Guest bathroom
Storage unit

I decided to put our guest bedroom/closet on hold for now. It's crazy how much stuff we have to go through in that one room and I was losing momentum and becoming overwhelmed.

One of the main things I tackled in the guest bathroom was organizing the cabinet. Since I give our son baths in this room now, one of my goals was to make room for his towels, washcloths, and bath toys in here. It started off looking like this.


By getting rid of some things and relocating some things, I was able to clear off the top shelf completely! Then I gathered all of the baby wash cloths and towels from our overflowing linen closet and moved them in here.


I also gathered up all of the bath toys and put them in the bucket which just fit on the top shelf. The bottom shelf holds baby toiletries, lint rollers, and a few extra supplies for guests. This kid has enough shampoo/body wash to last until he's 10!

Mr. Babycito only uses a couple of bath toys at a time right now since we put his little tub inside the big tub. In between baths, his current bath toys hang out on the soap dish to dry.


And his tub hangs over the big tub to dry like this.


I re-purposed the basket that held bubbles at our wedding as an extra toilet paper holder. This helped free up some of the space in the cabinet. I love that the blue bow already matched the shower curtain and clock!


The drawer to the left of the sink is mostly empty. The one to the right holds some extra travel bags and a few things my mom leaves here so there is less to pack when she visits her grand baby. Once you have kids, your parents no longer visit you. It's all about the grand kids, ha ha.

I also organized under the sink. I threw away a very leaky silver polish and cleaned up its mess. Then I mainly just arranged things better. On the left we have the litter box lids that we don't use currently. On the right there's an extra scale, watering cans. And a trash can. I actually switched the too big round trash can under this sink with the too small square trash can in our master bathroom.

I am loving the results! Now it's time to tackle the master bathroom! Do you store a lot in your guest bathroom or is it more for guests? How do you store your extra toilet paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment