Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Organizey Shopping: The Kitchen


I would love to go on a shopping spree for gear to organize and decorate every inch of my apartment! But since Mr. Budget says I can't right now, I'm going to start a series called Organizey Shopping. I will be window shopping room by room and share what I would love to buy and why.

First up is the kitchen!


1. I would love to get some canisters like these for the pantry. Not only do they look pretty, they would keep foods like cereal and crackers fresher while making it easy to see what needs to be added to the grocery list. I would definitely opt for square and rectangular ones over round ones because they for side by side snugly without wasted space. {source}

2. This cleanser rack can be installed a cabinet door adding extra storage space for sponges, cleaners, etc. {source}

3. This pull-out lid organizer takes advantage of vertical space and keeps lids easy to access. Currently our lids have a tendency to all fall out when you try to grab one. I do not enjoy the extra dishes to wash! {source}

4. These metal baskets are cute and useful! I would stick them in the pantry and use them to maximize vertical storage space while corralling smaller loose items like Lära Bars and packs of gum. {source}



5. I think it would be fun to use clear shelf liner in the kitchen drawers with pretty scrapbook paper underneath. I would choose a paper with a pattern that tiles well since drawers are typically not 12x12. Wrapping paper is another option. {source} & {source}

6. I love these spice jars! They have chalkboard labels and would look so cute and organized lined up on the kitchen counter or open shelving. {source}

7. We could definitely use something like these drawer organizers for our drawer of miscellaneous kitchen gadgets. It always becomes a jumbled mess because we have nothing to keep things in place. {source}

8. Extra pantry space that is easy to access! This one is a no brainer. {source}

Do you use any of these in your kitchen? What is your favorite tool to keeping your kitchen user-friendly?

2 comments:

  1. I bought a bunch of glass jars for cereal, pasta, rice, beans, etc. at Hobby Lobby. They also have herb sized ones. Watch the sales; mine were 1/2 off and I used a coupon! They have round sided ones and square ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I might need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby! ;)

      Delete