Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bottled up

Our bottles moved up! For a while now we have had a row of wine bottles across the top of our kitchen cabinets, as you can see in the photo below.


Then there was a gap, followed by a group of vases. It was not very cohesive. And who needs this many vases?!


We also have had other bottles on top of one of our bookshelves including some antique Dr. Pepper bottles.


I decided it was finally time to make these vases and bottles more cohesive! I got rid of some of the vases, only keeping my three favorites. I also got rid of some of the less pretty wine bottles. Then I gathered the remaining bottles and vases to arrange them all together. I started by putting the taller bottles in the back, and filling in with smaller ones in the front. I also tried to spread out color and clear ones to make an attractive arrangement. Here's the result!


Here are a few close ups. Yes, I was standing on a chair to take these pics.




They look so much prettier than they used to. I think it would look even better if eventually I limit the color palette of our bottle collection. Maybe just clear, blues, and greens?

Do you save old wine bottles? I have been know to buy bottle of wine just for the label design. What kind of ordinary objects do you use to decorate with?

2 comments:

  1. I do save old bottles in a cabinet with the hopes that this summer I'll buy some fun spray paint colors and make them beautiful. I like the whimsy of fun shaped bottles, but not always the labels that are on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, thanks for sharing!

      Delete