Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Party planning

In just four short months, my baby will be turning one! I decided to start planning his party early because I LOVE planning kids parties and I don't want to be crazy busy planning it last minute. So, I'm trying to get organized now.

I started off by making a kids party ideas board on pinterest. If you haven't signed up on pinterest yet, I highly recommend it! Here are some of the fun ideas I found:


1) Ducky Punch from TidyMom.net- this would be cute for a baby shower
2) Goldfish Party from Cake.- I love fishes cause they're so delicious! Buckets of Goldfish crackers would also be fun for a pool party or beach themed party.
3) The Very Hungry Caterpillar Food from Project Project- Gotta love a theme that comes with a menu! And The very Hungry Caterpillar is one of my favorite kid books.
4) Lego Cake from LikeCool.com- What little boy doesn't love Legos?!
5) Sea Turtle Cupcakes from theBERRY.com- This would be perfect for a Finding Nemo Party!
6) Monkey Cupcakes from Squidoo.com- These would be cute for a jungle themed party!

I think I am going to go with a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme for my baby's 1st birthday! I have tons of great ideas.

The next step was breaking out a notebook to jot down my favorite ideas that I want to incorporate into his party. To do this, I made a separate page for each of the following categories:
  • Decorations
  • Cake
  • Food & Drinks
  • Serving ware
  • Activities
  • Party Favors
  • Invitations
The following is not my complete list, there will be more food!

Since I will be making decorations, favors, and cakes plus designing my own invitations and other items that I will need to get printed, getting organized now is vital!
The next step is making my party planning schedule!
Do you love party planning? What is your favorite theme for a kid party?

2 comments:

  1. Ooo!!! Let me know what I can do to help! It sounds like tons of fun! (Sorry for the delayed post... apparently I'm behind).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I have a couple of crafty things I'm thinking about doing.

      Delete