Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's the little things

I'm really trying to take care of little projects as soon as I come across them in my quest to get organized. A couple of weeks ago I hung this clock up in our guest bathroom. It had been getting in the way in various non-wall locations since we moved in on Valentine's day 3 years ago. So, it was about time I got around to that! The reason I had left it of the wall for so long was that one of the leaves had fallen off and I wasn't sure where it was. I kept the clock because I knew I had put the missing leaf somewhere safe! Sure enough, while I was cleaning out my jewelry box I found it!


I immediately got out my glue gun before I could lose the leaf again! I also remembered that I had a mirror which had fallen out of it's compact. I've been meaning to glue it back together too. Since I had the glue gun out already I grabbed that to fix as well.


You might also notice the white pom pom in the above photo. I found two of them in with my jewelry and was finally going to sew them back on the scarf that they had fallen off of. Unfortunately, one of my kitties got to one of them and completely shredded it into little strings. I guess it's time to get rid of that scarf now. I haven't worn it in a while any way since it was missing these pom poms.

At least I now have a pretty repaired clock and mirror!


It definitely feels good to tackle small projects after putting them off for months or years! I can't believe it took me so long to fix this clock. Do you also save things because you can fix them but then take years to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment