Thursday, January 26, 2012

Organizey apps

While I finish up with the living room this week, I thought I'd share my favorite apps that help me stay organized! I have all of these on my iPhone. I'm not sure if any of them are available on other smart phones, but it is definitely worth looking in to.

First off, I will share the only two apps I have ever paid for... Toodledo and Baby Connect. They were worth all 798 pennies! I also use a couple of free ones... Grocery iQ and Road Trip.

1. Toodledo ($2.99)- this is the ultimate to do list! It has changed my life for the better. I used to write lists on paper all the time. But then I would lose them or run out of room. Or I'd want to change the order to be by priority so I could just see the most urgent things (buy cat food) without looking through long term goals (finish scrapbook). This app is so great because it lets me prioritize and move things around all I want. You can even set it to have reoccurring events, so I use it for reminders to pay bills or get my car inspected. You can add due dates and star items too. I absolutely love it!


2. Baby Connect ($4.99)- If you have a baby, this helps a lot, especially when you are sleep deprived and can't function, let alone figure out why your baby is crying. It tracks everything from diapers (when, pee or poop, color, consistency, leaks) to sleep (when, how long). If you are nursing you can track which side you last nursed on. There is a section where you can keep track of medical information such as weight, height, temp., and vaccines. It even lets you track activities and moods, but I decided that was a bit excessive. One of the best things about it is that you can have multiple users! So if I come home from work and my husband is on his way out the door, he doesn't have to give me a play-by-play. I can just check the app to see how long it has been since our baby's last diaper change, bottle, and nap. I also like the charts and graphs that let you compare days and notice any major changes in your baby's behavior/schedule.


3. Grocery iQ (free)- This app helps you make your grocery list. My favorite features are that you can customize it based on where you shop and what order the aisles are in, save your favorites, and share a list with someone else (by email or synching it to their phone). It makes it so easy for me to make a list and let my awesome husband do the shopping!


4. Road trip (Free)- This app is great for tracking your gas mileage, maintenance, and car-related expenses. It also can remind you to do things like get an oil change.


Do you use apps to stay organized? What are your favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment